Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Pool

Hallie got a pool for her birthday. We figured she would like it because she loves the bathtub and this thing looked like it would be a lot of fun. So I get it blown up and put a hose in it. We go out to check on it and a big dog is out there. Both Hallie and Keira are scared to death. I get the dog away and check the water. It is ice cold. So I go in and get some big pots of water boiling. I have the girls sit in their chairs and I go dump two things of water in the pool. A little warmer, but not much. I turn around and the dog is back and it is trying to get in our house (I had the door open). I scared it away and started boiling water again. I Dumped the water in and I think whatever it isn't too bad. So I throw the kids in and Hallie hates it. It wasn't all nice and toasty like her bath tub and she was scared. I take her out and let her play on the grass. Next thing I know I look over and that dog is back getting in Hallie's face. I grab her, she is freaking out, and at this point I wanted to kick the dumb dog.
Keira on the other hand liked the pool, but it was too cold for her and she didn't swim long enough to make all the effort worth while. Leaving it out so the water would warm some more wasn't an option because of the scary dog. I'm sure I'd come out and see it jumping around in there or something. So I let the air and water out of it, dried it up, packed it in the box, and back to the store it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment